When it comes to buying a property or shifting to a new home, Indians are generally particular about the propitious time. They believe that by performing the house entrance ceremony on a favorable day, they get good luck.
Griha Pravesh or the event of one’s first entry into a new house is considered a very auspicious moment for the occupants. So if you know someone who is about to move to a new house, you can also send him/her Griha Pravesh Wishes in Hindi, Griha Pravesh quotes in Hindi.
“This is important not only for the owner but also for the entire family,” says Mumbai-based Jayshree Dhamani, Vastu Shastra, and Astrology specialist. According to Vastu, a house is made up of five elements – Sun, Earth, Water, Fire, and Air and proper alignment of these elements in a house bring contentment, good health, and affluence to the residents.
If the ritual is performed during this auspicious time, one can remove the bad influences present in that area and make it “auspicious”.
But, many of us are not aware of the customs associated with Griha Pravesh, so let us discuss some Griha Pravesh tips to make the occasion dandy and festive:
- Griha Pravesh should be done only when the house is ready to move and the family is ready to shift. The main entrance of the house should be decorated with pylons made of fresh flowers and mango leaves. The main gate should be decorated with swastika signs and Lakshmi Charans (for good luck) as the main gate is called Simha Dwar and is the face of Vastu Purush.
- Griha Pravesh’s ceremony can be simple or elaborate depending on the owner of the house. Usually, a havan is performed, thereby purging the space to clear negative forces. A Ganesha Puja, Navagraha Shanti, which means the worship of the nine planets, and a Vastu Puja, are generally performed though, there are many ways to boost positive energy at your home. Food should also be offered to priests and family and friends who are invited on this day.
- According to Hindu beliefs, on Navratri, if a warming ceremony is performed in the house on an auspicious date, it gives success and happiness. If the rituals are performed on these auspicious days, it removes all the bad and negative effects of the house, making it auspicious.
- For cleaning the house before the puja the floor should be cleaned and cleaned thoroughly using salt. Also, to create a sense of purity, holy water should be sprinkled throughout the house.
- Rangoli is synonymous with the festive season and attracts prosperity and wealth. Before conducting the Griha Pravesh Puja, draw one near the entrance using rice flour and Rangoli colors available in the market. Make sure it is not in the way of people entering the house.
- The North-East direction is considered to be the direction to keep the Kalash in your Puja room as it will ensure happiness and positivity in the house. Before setting up the Kalash, keep in mind that the place where the Kalash will be installed should be clean. There should not be any kind of dirt around that place.
- On the day of Griha Pravesh, the family members should sleep in that house at least that night. To bring luck, milk should be boiled in the kitchen of the house on the day of home entry.
- If possible, hold home warm parties only with your loved ones, as inviting too many people can bring in negative energy, which can hinder the well-being of the residents.
- The house should not be left empty for the next 40 days and at least one member of the household should always be present in the house.
- It is believed that entering the house at an auspicious time makes life easier and there is the least struggle for the family after moving to a new house. The most favorable days for such Muhurta are Vasant Panchami, Akshaya Tritiya, Gudi Padwa, Dussehra (also known as Vijayadashami), while days like Uttarayan, Holi, Adhikma, and Shradh Paksha should be avoided.
The Griha Pravesh ceremony is a prayer ritual of gratitude. Vastu Shastra is very important while constructing a new house and Vastu Shanti Puja should be performed after entering the new house to remove the defects. Even the house is built according to Vastu principles, Vastu Shastra says that all dwelling places are alive with hidden entities, the need for prayer to purify the space from negativity and allow the flow of positive energy in the house. it occurs. In Hinduism, the Griha Pravesh ceremony is considered second only to the marriage ceremony.
Leave a Reply