There are plenty of reasons around the world to clean your headphones. But the question is how to clean your headphones properly.
Whether you have earbuds or wireless headphone the clean headphone is the happy headphone which is less contaminated with different microbes.
Now, if you want to learn the proper method of how to clean your headphones, this the right place because in this article you got proper information step by step on cleaning your headphones.
Your headphone picks up more dirt when in contact with skin cells, sebum, and facial products ear wax clings to the headphones. Here are the proper guidelines on how to clean your audio devices. When your headphones clean up then, it will sound better.
Why do we need to clean our Headphones?
Take out your earphones and headphones and check the inner side of the headphone and earbuds. Through tiny holes of our headphones, ear wax, grease, and dust particle are trapped in the headphones.
Daily when we take shower after morning walk and gym because we feel that our cloth is dirty. But have you ever think about when you clean your headphone last time? We always toss them into our bags, pockets, then it mixes with other things and dust particles are easily trapped in them.
Then we put them into our ears without cleaning them. In this way, you can get an ear infection and wax blockage. Why we do this to our ears and headphones. A little maintenance and care can increase the use time of our headphones.
Cleaning Over-the-Ear Headphones
How you can clean your over-the-ear headphones is all up to which method you prefer. Most of the brands having easy cleaning designs also having removable cables and ear cups you can plug off both ends. (A pair of black Beats headphones).
And many other brands having no simple design to clean your headphone. So you will need to take care of your headphones while cleaning them. You should consult with the instructions of the manufacture. Beats, Bose, and apple are the brands that offer cleaning instructions.
There are the following supplies you will need to clean your headphones;
- Rubbing(isopropyl) that contain 70 percent alcohol
- A soft damp, cloth
- Cotton balls
- Tissue, clean cloth, and paper towel
If you’re conscious about damaging the fabric of your headphone perform a test on an inconspicuous area first. Use of alcohol damage leather or PVC in the amount you’ll be using. If your headphones are of metal and plastic then there is no need to worry.
Step by Step method to clean a headphone;
- If possible, then you should remove ear cups from the headphones, so that you can easily access the mesh below.
- With your damp cloth or wipe up the dust particles that, stuck on the grim and from the ear cups that are the main unit of headphones. Clean as much as you can remove the bacteria cling to the dirt particles.
- Now clean the headphone gently with rubbing alcohol. Clean the surface of the ear cups and the rest of the parts of the headphone.
- Now use a cotton ball or Q-tips with rubbing alcohol to clean all the crannies and nooks. Do this step on both earbuds in the areas like fabric folds and then the main headphone unit.
- Clean the headphone thoroughly with a towel or cloth and some rubbing alcohol to extend the headphone to their maximum size. Clean all buttons, remotes, and volume dials you might see on your headphone. You must clean the grip where you touched when you put the headphone into your ears.
- Now cleaning the main speakers with the Q-tips and using some alcohol and wipe up all the dust on them.
- Make sure you do not miss any spots on your headphone.
- If your headphone has microphone and gaming headset then, do not forget to clean all the parts with rubbing alcohol.
- Finally, wipe down all the cables containing the entire jack near the rubber grip with a paper towel, and also you can use some alcohol.
- Now there is a need to let the alcohol dry. It should evaporate quickly before the use of headphones again. If you use isopropyl then it will leave some marks on the surface of the headphones.
Hygiene Tips You Need to Hear
You keep your headphone in tip-top condition by cleaning them regularly. Clean your ear wax. Use disinfectant wipes to clean your ear regularly. do not share your headphone with others because it exchanges the ear wax which has lots of bacteria that enter into your ear and disturb your body balance. So do not share your earbuds and headphone with others.
In this article, I have explained to you in detail that how to clean your headphone properly. I have shared with you step-by-step guides on cleaning your headphones. I have also told you hygienic tips and the advantages of cleaning headphones.
Read other blog posts on our website, to know more about technology.
Leave a Reply