Here’s a question anyone looking to make their website or app better may have already come across: what is UX design all about? Creating a quality user experience has become one of the top priorities in the service industry. Any business with a website can’t afford to put it aside if it wants to keep up with its competition.
In other words, UX design can make or break the success of businesses in all kinds of fields. Read on to find out what UX design is all about and why it has become so essential for many companies!
What is UX design? All about customer satisfaction
The short answer to “what is UX design all about” is improving customer satisfaction (and by extension, brand loyalty) by providing a quality, memorable user experience for anybody who interacts with your products, website, webshop, application, or software.
Of course, this is easier said than done. UX design is a grand, multidisciplinary field that uses various tools to shape products and services into their final form.
It’s no wonder why the services of UX design agencies are sought after by so many businesses, as this can be a hard task to undertake in-house. You are not your users after all, and even steps and elements that may seem self-explanatory and beneficial to you might be confusing, redundant, or in the worst cases, even adverse to members of your target audience.
UX design isn’t limited to digital platforms. Any interaction that a user has with a physical product (e.g. how a camera feels in their hands) or service (e.g. how easy and transparent a checkout process is in a webshop) can fall under the scope of the UX design process. Whatever the case, UX design is all about creating simple, helpful, memorable, and satisfying experiences for users.
In a way, UX design is about bridging the gap between your company’s products/services and the needs/expectations of your potential customers. To bridge that gap, UX design agencies employ a variety of methods such as product development, market research, marketing strategy, and of course, the design of the product or service itself.
What is the point of focusing on UX design? Why should I care about it?
What every business must understand, is that UX design is all about creating win-win scenarios. A good UX design is not only beneficial to your users: it also provides many benefits to your company, and new opportunities to learn and grow.
- From the perspective of a business, a quality user experience plays an immense role in ensuring customer satisfaction. You simply cannot be successful if you don’t have satisfied customers.
- UX design is also about building brand loyalty by leaving your users with a memorable experience. This is paramount in convincing them to keep using your services and buying your products instead of looking for similar alternatives among your competitors. Repeat buyers always play a key role in providing consistent profits and growth.
- Many believe that UX design is just an excuse to spend unnecessary time and resources to elongate the development process of a product and service. It’s actually quite the opposite. UX design is all about sparing you from unnecessary costs and saving you time. By ensuring that the development process is taken seriously, by the time your product or service hits the market, you will have created something much more in line with the expectations of your customers, and therefore won’t have to spend extra resources to correct bugs and errors that could potentially harm your brand.
- UX design directly supports your business goals, i.e. your conversions. A good UX design agency focuses on creating the best possible “customer journey” to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to spend money on your products and services. As such, UX design is closely linked to maintaining steady profits and business growth.
In a nutshell, what you should keep in mind: UX design is also about building brand credibility, maintaining a competitive advantage, saving resources by filtering out potential errors in time, as well as directly increasing your conversions.
What is a UX design agency all about?
The main aim of companies like Ergomania UX design agency is to help other businesses create products and services that provide quality experiences for their potential customers.
To create memorable user experiences for the customers of other companies, they employ a variety of methods and tools, such as:
- UI design: supporting and enhancing user experience with an attractive design and well-placed CTAs (call-to-actions).
- User interviews: getting more in-depth knowledge about the needs and expectations of your target audience.
- Employing the Kano-model: learning more about the priorities of your users.
- User testing: filtering out bugs and getting feedback on a product before entering the market.
- Voice user interface design: being able to issue a command on devices via speech instead of typing.