After a long tiring hectic day, one wishes for delicious food, time with loved ones, and a popper rest to stay energised for the upcoming day. A proper rest requires proper as well as comfortable sleep. Sleep plays an integral part of one’s daily life involving freedom after a long hectic day and preparing one for the next day at work. A good energetic and undisturbed sleep requires proper bedding and personal sleep preferences. While talking about bedding, one requires the utmost comfort and space.
A proper bedding means one requires a proper mattress, pillows, duvets or comforters. Mattresses play an integral role in every household. The best quality mattresses provide good quality undisturbed sleep and help in giving support to the body and spinal cord helping in development of a better torso and posture. Thus, selecting the best suiting mattress for your body is very important
What Is A Twin Size Mattress?
A twin-size mattress is the shortest possible mattress considered after a crib size mattress for toddlers and babies. Its standard dimensions are 38 inches wide by 75” long. Although it is 75 inches long, twin mattresses can still be short for people who are tall. Twin beds are mostly used for children’s bedrooms or two twin beds may be bought together and joined to form a couple’s bed. There are both pros and cons of using a twin mattress.
BENEFITS OF USING A TWIN MATTRESS: –
- Saves Space- Twin beds are the best choice for people living with a congested area in a small flat. This saves plenty of space on the floor. This is also very helpful for people whose children have separate rooms and need space for playing or other activities.
- Versatility– Twin mattresses can be used separately or joined together with another bed of the same dimension to make into a couple mattress. This makes them a great choice, considering how effortlessly they can be moved compared to a king or a queen size mattress.
- Extra Space for Sitting- The unique design of the beds makes it convenient for users to make it into a sitting spot. People come up with different ideas like placing cushions on them making them look like a sofa.
- Budget friendly- Usually mattresses are priced according to their sizes. Twin mattresses are the most budget friendly mattresses available in the market.
Limitations Of Using A Twin Mattress
- It works only for one person- The biggest limitation of twin mattresses is that they can allow just a single person comfortably. Unless you plan to buy a twin bed for your single kid or plan to buy more, a twin mattress may not be suitable for you.
- Can fall short for tall people- As said earlier, twin mattresses are the shortest size of mattress available in the market after crib mattresses. Being 75 inches long, it can fall short for taller people.
Twin XL Mattress
A twin XL mattress may seem similar to a twin mattress but is longer by a few inches. It is the size available after a twin mattress. Its standard size is 38 inches wide by 80 inches long. Twin xl mattresses often solve the problems of taller people who face problems in a normal twin mattress. However, on the matter of cost, twin XL mattresses cost a little more than normal twin mattresses. Like other mattresses these also have pros and cons.
Benefits Of Using A Twin XL Mattress
- Extra space for foot – If you are just taller than the average person or you just want to have more space to stretch out, a twin XL mattress will fulfil all your needs.
- A child would not outgrow it- The biggest problem of parents is solved by investing on a twin XL mattress. It easily fits the more than average height people, thus solving the tension of one’s child outgrowing the mattress in his or her growing years.
Limitations Of Using A Twin XL Mattress
- Occupy More Space – Since a twin XL mattress is 5” more than a normal twin mattress, it may occupy more space in the room. One must decide whether a twin XL is worth sacrificing the leftover extra space in the room as well as one needs to think if the bedroom arrangement can fit a larger bed.
- Accessories- As twin XL beds are not so common compared to usual twin mattresses, customers would have limited choices in selecting accessories when you are shopping for bedsheets, mattress covers, pillows, bed frames, duvets or comforters.
Deciding Between Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
One can easily get confused between a twin size mattress and a twin xl mattress due to the size difference being just 5 inches .
- PURPOSE AND USAGE- a twin mattress is the best suitable for a growing kid, whereas a twin xl mattress is suitable for all tall teens, young adults, bachelors, or single parents with one child.
- BUDGET- the cost difference is slightly high for a twin xl mattress.
- SIZE OF THE ROOM- The most important factor to be considered before choice of the mattress is considering the room size. The perfect room size for a twin mattress should be 7 by 10 feet but for a twin xl mattress, it is 8 by 10 feet.
- AREA REQUIRED- A twin size bed will be smaller as it is 5” shorter than a twin xl bed. One may need more space in the room, in a twin xl bed.
Usually, the mattresses take about 24-72 hours to expand to their full bed size. It does not cause any kind of discomfort to the sleeper using the mattress before or after the expansion.
The choice of mattress can have a great impact on your sleep cycle to get a good night’s sleep, yet its need is often neglected. A nice mattress improves spinal alignment, prevents back pain, tackles snoring, reduces tossing and turning in sleep, and also reduces stress levels.