Retwisting loc styles have become a trendy and never-ending fashion in every US street. Those who’re new to trying this hairstyle often look for products that can help them retain their loc style for a longer time, and make it look presentable.
Many folks ask, what can I retwist my locs with?Is it necessary to use loc gel for retwist hairstyle? Are there any other different ways to loc retwist?
First, let me describe what a lock gel is and why it’s worth the hype?
What is Loc Gel?
Locs naturally rely on the sebum from the scalp to keep them healthy and strong. Loc gel is a type of hair product that is specifically designed to help retwist locs. It usually comes in a tube or bottle, and you simply apply it to your locs before retwisting them.
Following are a few best benefits of using loc gel when retwisting your locs;
- It can help keep your locs in place, which is especially helpful if you are retwisting your locs after they have started to loosen up.
- Loc gel can help to add shine and definition to your locs. This can make them look healthier and more well-defined.
- Loc gel can help to protect your locs from damage. This is especially important if you are retwisting your locs after being damaged by heat or chemicals.
- The super hold quality loc gel can help keep your locs smelling fresh, and this is especially important if you are retwisting your locs after being in storage for a while.
- Overall, loc gel can be a great option for retwisting your locs. It has a variety of benefits that can make it worth the investment. If you are looking for a product to help retwist your locs, loc gel may be worth considering.
What are Different Ways to Retwist Locs?
When it comes to retwisting locs, there are a few different ways that you can go about it. You can use various tools including pins, rubber bands, or even just your fingers. However, one of the most popular ways to retwist locs is by using a loc gel.
Have a look at the following ways for retwisting locs;
- One of the most popular methods is using oil and water. One YouTube, I am Linda Elaine use this method. She has her own oil mixture containing an organic sweet almond, black castor, and lavender oil.
- Another method she uses is applying rosemary oil to the locs and twisting them clockwise.
- You should also learn the proper palm-rolling technique to secure the locs. This will help lock your hair more quickly and easily. The most important thing to remember while retwisting locs is to be patient. The process may be a little complicated at first, but you will be able to get it done in a short time with practice.
- You can try using a comb, dreadlocks gel, or fingers to retwist your locs. Remember that you don’t need to retwist your locs every three or six weeks. Using these products won’t lock your hair, but it will help you achieve an immaculate loc style.
How Gel Works Best for Locs Styling?
A good retwisting gel will provide a stronghold and moisture to your locs. Locking Gel is an excellent product. It is a lightweight gel with less than 12 ingredients. It is also free of alcohol and doesn’t cause buildup. The ingredients are gentle on your locks and don’t leave a residue.
Once you’ve secured your retwisting gel, start by applying a small amount to your palm and apply to a section of your loc. Repeat on the other loc. Dry your locs using a blow dryer or a towel.
This method is recommended for those with longer hair and those who want to create more natural waves. Adding clips will hold your locs in place longer, but the process is still quite time-consuming.
If you want to speed up your maintenance sessions, you can try bi-directional palm-rolling. You will have to apply more pressure to the locs as they grow and mature, but an extra effort will be worth it in the long run.
What Other Tools Can Hel in Retwisting Locs?
There are many products on the market to help you achieve your desired loc style. Some are natural, some are chemical-free, and some are a combination of both. Whether you’re going for a natural or synthetic look, there’s always an option for you, such as;
Styling cream is essential for both starter and retwisting. A quality styling cream will provide hold, moisture, and shine without causing flaking or buildup. The natural ingredients will leave your locs feeling soft and protected.
If you don’t want to spend money on retwisting products, you can also buy styling creams. Most stylists recommend using styling cream.
Aloe Vera gel is another great product to use, and it gives your locks great hold while soothing your scalp. You can also use aloe vera gel on your scalp, but it won’t last as long as a pomade made of peach kernel oil. It’s light and can last a week or more, depending on how often you wash your hair.
If you’re not confident with your twisting skills, try a product like Fruit Of the Earth Pomade, which contains coconut oil, vitamin E, and beeswax.
Looking for Best Loc Gel for Retwist Loc Style?
If you’re looking for a super hold retwist loc gel, you should try The Loc God, Loc & Retwist Gel. This gel can be used to lock in locs, but it also helps lay them down. Made with natural ingredients, this product is safe for all hair textures.
Leave a Reply