Men like to look handsome and stylish in society. Many types of accessories are available in the market to make this easy. One of the influential constituents of men’s fashion is sunglasses. In Australia, the summertime is of extreme heat radiation. The Uv radiation will damage cells in the eye, and it can lead to severe problems like loss of eyesight. A study by the cancer council of Australia shows that 10 percent of cataracts in Australia are due to overexposure to sunlight. Due to this factor, using men’s sunglasses in Australia helps people work outside to avoid health issues. Sunglasses not only improve the style and fashion, but it also provides safety to the eyes.
Also, sunglasses and other eyewear differ by brand. Some manufacturers provide many types of sunglasses for various purposes. So it is necessary to have some understanding of the types of sunglasses available.
Significance in selecting suitable sunglasses and eye protection devices
- UV radiation protection: Due to the position of Australia near the equator makes it vulnerable to high-intensity UV radiation. But this high rate of UV radiation damages the eyes and causes dangerous reactions. Protective sunglasses can avoid direct exposure of eyes to sunlight. Men are more likely to be affected by these problems, and thus the sale of men’s sunglasses in Australia is at a hike.
- Protection from glare: In Australia, according to the data from NRSPP, 40 percent of all accidents happen at night time. Glare is one of the dangerous problems in driving. Especially at night, the effect of glare is high, and it leads to accidents and mishaps. There are unique sunglasses available to reduce the influence of light.
- Blue light prevention: Blue light not only affects the eyes but also the brain also. The blue light from surroundings and smart devices reduces sleep. And it becomes the reason for mental disorders and depression. Some manufacturers use special lenses that can avoid the effect of blue light. This feature supports more sleep and thus relaxing the mind.
- Protection from dust and debris: Fitting protective goggles help to avoid dangers from any dust or debris. It is necessary to wear suitable goggles during outdoor activities and work.
Types of sunglasses and protective eyewear
Polarized and non-polarized sunglasses: The unique design of these sunglasses helps to avoid glare from several different surfaces. It is helpful for several occasions like driving, and it helps to see the actual colour of the object by avoiding the glare. On the other hand, non-polarised sunglasses protect from UV-like radiation without reducing glare.
- Sunglass with iridium lens: Iridium coating is a unique method of avoiding glare and bright light. It can actively reflect the sunlight and feels like a mirror. But it gives superior protection from bright light than polarized sunglasses.
- Mineral glass sunglasses: Mineral glass is produced from naturally available minerals from the sand. Such glass lenses are more rigid and more obstinate than other glass lenses. This feature gives them more life. These glasses are also known for their scratch resistance.
- Injection lens sunglasses: These are uniquely made by injecting the liquidized material into a single mould. The unique construction method gives it more strength and durability than other sunglasses. They can withstand extreme temperatures, and at the same time, they are lighter than other sunglasses.
- Blue light lenses: Their unique design helps reduce the effect of blue light emission from modern devices. The lens gives a smoothing effect to reduce eye-straining. It is a bit costlier than other usual eyewear.
- Activity goggles: Many activities like skiing require necessary eye protective devices. The goggles used for skiing should be capable of avoiding any particles and debris entering the eyes. The chance of high-intensity reflection from snow is high. So the sunglasses used in skiing should be able to bypass problems due to the high-intensity light.