Are you looking for a way that could help you save big on energy expenses? Then investing in a solar panel in India is the good choice. Especially, for the long run it is going to give you a bundle of benefits.
With the spikes in costs of global energy, it becomes necessary to find a good alternative, affordable and sustainable source for energy generation. It can be confidently said that the solar power industry is rapidly growing. And investing in solar energy will certainly help in saving much on the costs and in addition, it aids in getting rid of expensive power lines.
The excellent advantages that you gain from a solar panel in India are popular and are spread far and wide. You may know some of them and may lack knowledge on a few. Let this guide get into all the benefits deeply. Moreover, let us have a glimpse on the types of solar panels and guide on choosing the right panel for you.
So, what is solar energy and should you install solar panels?
Solar power system means to capture the energy of the sun and convert it into electricity. As the sun is a natural as well as abundant source of energy, there is no need to worry about the limitations of solar power. All it needs is to convert the solar energy into electrical energy in the most sensible, efficient and cost effective way.
These days, you may have often come across the term – Solar panel in India. The popularity behind that is the consciousness of utilizing renewable energy in place of conventional fossil fuels for achieving a sustainable environment.
Before we discuss whether you should think about installing the solar panel on your roof, let us explore here the advantages of solar power.
Reduces the expenses on energy cost
Have you ever been shocked with your electricity bill? Thinking of some good ways to get out of that? Just imagine the need for electricity in future years! The demand will be high and so will be the price too. It’s still more taking you aback, right?
So, what can you do? Lessen your worries with a solar panel in India. With solar, it is possible to have great financial savings and get in control of recurring, high and unavoidable, monthly electricity bills. Apart from the burden of paying utility bills, with a solar power system in place, you can also get a good return on investment. Yes, the solar energy can be sold back to the grid. This means you are equipped with the potential to earn besides from saving on your energy cost.
Contribution To Green Environment
Solar energy is the excellent alternative to fossil fuel which is the conventional source for electricity generation. When compared with traditional electricity power production, with a solar panel in India, you are capable of reducing the emission of carbon 5 to 10 times.
As a responsible citizen, if you like to combat climate changes and lessen the adverse impacts, then you ought to reduce carbon emission. This stays for the fact, solar power is the admirable path to a clean and green environment. The remarkable benefits of solar panel in India in terms of a green earth are:
- Capability to produce electricity without any dangerous emissions.
- The energy obtained from solar panels is clean and is also free of pollutants
- No emission of greenhouse gases.
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Helps in conservation of non-renewable energy sources and thus safeguard the environment.
One of the biggest reasons for installing solar panels is financial gains and the solar panels don’t let you in. Since investing in a solar panel in India comes with benefits such as tax credits, grants from government and long term values, it gets the investor a large portion of installation investment quickly in 3 years.
It is also good to know that there is excellent assistance from the government to encourage people to go solar. It includes a huge reduction in the upfront cost and giving the investor an interest free loan will further reduce the cost in installation.
Even if you use the solar panels for commercial purposes, still you will be granted rebates and incentives for stimulating your decision of moving to solar. Although it is true that you have to spend money for a solar panel in India for initial capital investment, you can recover from such costs soon.
It’s a renewable source of energy
Sun is natural and is a renewable source for energy. It doesn’t go run up and you can generate a massive amount of electricity from this eternal resource. And still the more advantageous point is it is a free source of energy and hence anyone can take advantage of solar energy.
You don’t have to worry about the limitation for generating the energy and enjoy the benefits as long as the sun lights hit the panels. As it is a renewable energy, it gives you clean energy.
Increased property value
Installing a solar panel in India for your needs also comes with the plus of enhanced property value. For those who have installed panels for residential purposes, when thinking about selling the home, they can add the value of the solar system. In fact, houses that are installed with solar panels tend to have better resale value than those that do not.
Since the solar panel installed at home will be free from grid energy and able to generate its own needs, you don’t have to fear increasing energy costs. The cost that you invest with a solar panel in India also means to invest in your home. And this again indicates that a high ROI is assured from your solar power system.
Highly reliable and low maintenance costs
Maintaining solar panels comes with very low costs. As they have an uncomplicated design, it rarely goes wrong. Just with annual maintenance for the system, you are able to get the most of the solar system. A good quality solar panel carries a guarantee of 25 years; however, you can expect the power benefits up to 40 years.
Most manufacturers and distributors dealing with a solar panel in India give the buyers a warranty that includes maintenance of panels. This can leave the home owners with peace of mind as they don’t have to worry about maintenance activities every often. In addition, the great thing is you don’t have to spend extra money for the solar panel system to ensure that it works at its maximum. All it needs is to have cleaning and maintenance of the solar panels once in a while.
Are There Any Disadvantages With Solar Panel Systems?
Let us be biased here and look at some of the disadvantages of the solar panel system. It is good to know about a solar panel in India, before you are ready to put in your investment.
- If you look at the major barrier that may exist in the way of investing in the solar system is its high upfront cost. It may seem to be not affordable for some people.
But what to remember here is the future will be bright as the prices are facing little down.
- The space available for installation can also be another thing to be considered. If your roof is not big enough to support the solar panel system, then it is difficult.
However, there are some innovative systems out in the market with flexible designs. They are best suitable for smaller roofs.
- As known, the sun is the major element for solar panels. If you reside in a cloudy area and the same climate may extend for a longer period, then it brings a negative impact on solar energy production. With your solar panel in India, you may face less productivity on winter days than in summer.
- Despite the fact that the solar panels give us clean and renewable energy, the manufacturing process that takes place can harm the environment.
- As mentioned already in this guide, the highest efficiency possible is around 22%. Even with the most advanced type of solar panel in India, it is possible to convert the solar energy to electricity by only around 20-25%.
- A solar system needs a larger roof space for solar panel installation, in order to have smoother functioning of the system. This may seem to be a hurdle for going solar for residents of inner cities and other areas, especially with limited space.
- You can’t expect energy generation from the solar panels at night. This indicates the energy production can happen only for 12 hours of an entire day.
As you see, the benefits of solar energy far outweighs its disadvantages.
Choose Your Most Suitable Technology – Types Of Panels
So, if you are considering a solar panel in India, then you should be familiar with its different types. There are three major types of solar panels. They are:
- Monocrystalline panels
- Polycrystalline panels
- Thin Film panels
Let us see in detail about each panel type.
Monocrystalline Solar Panels
Monocrystalline can be said to be one of the oldest technologies, and the making process is expensive. However, this type of solar panel has been found to have the highest efficiency. These monocrystalline panels come with conversion efficiency between 15 to 20%. This means they are capable of converting 16-21% of the sunlight that hits the panels into electricity.
- You can easily identify the monocrystalline type of a solar panel in India since they have uniform colored cells.
- This type of panel needs less space when compared to other types.
- Monocrystalline panels can be a great choice where the sunlight is low, even good for cloudy areas.
- The manufacturing process of these panels ends up in a lot of waste material.
Polycrystalline Panels have their wide popularity all around the globe. Unlike monocrystalline, here the cells will not be cut from the same crystal, but they are produced by pouring silicon into models. Hence what you get is a pure and perfectly square solar panel in India. Though these kinds of cells are less sufficient still they are less space efficient when formed as a panel.
- Multiple silicon fragments are combined together to form a cell
- They are less expensive compared to monocrystalline types.
- Since they are higher temperature coefficient, it tends to make the cells less efficient in heat
Thin-Film Solar Panels
Are you looking for some light solar panels to be installed on your roof? Then your probable choice can be a thin-film solar panel in India. This technology has the lowest market share of 10-15%.When compared with other types of panels; they require more space as they are less efficient. These thin film panels contain a toxic substance cadmium telluride. Hence it is necessary that it has to be carefully disposed of after its lifetime.
- Here the manufacturing process involves, a film that contains silicon will be “sprayed” onto the surface and thus forms a solar panel.
- More flexible panels. Able to generate in a wide range of forms that includes rollable and foldable.
- Comes with the best shade tolerance.
- Great performance under hotter temperatures.
Tips To Choose Your Appropriate Solar Panel In India
- The foremost tip in selecting the right panel for your requirements is to evaluate your needs and situation with an expert.
- Consider your available space for solar panel installation. Thin film panels occupy more space. Polycrystalline requires less space, but you should remember about its less efficiency too.
- Your preference also matters in terms of appearance whether you need – a sleek or uniformly colored panel or colorful panels that come with smaller gaps between the cells
- If you look for the one that lets you have the least possible electricity bills, then you have to consider a thin-film solar panel in India. These are more likely to be a great option compared to other types of mono or polycrystalline panels.
When you look into the past decade, there are significant advancements in solar technology. Each type of panel will have its own benefits and paybacks. Review their good and drawbacks and conclude your choice.