Blessed are those who take care of their facial and body skin. That is possible by recognising its needs of cleansing and moisturization. This forms the basic requirement to even think of other skin care and beauty cosmetics. Everyone at a point of time must have come across rough skin texture. This is completely healed with the use of a good moisturiser and a great foundation for dry skin. The foundation layer acts as an extra barrier from the quick evaporation of moisture from the skin.
The dry skin types should be extra alert over their condition. Going without a layer of protection offered by the moisturization products and a hydrating foundation, would mean a death sentence for your dry skin. Like hydrating agents in moisturization creams, in foundation products too these are ample if you look closely into their ingredient list. Then only it is easier to identify and make sensible choices. Dry skin condition is not to be concealed with much drier, powdery foundation. These are not meant for the dry skin types but are excellent for the normal skin types.
Best Foundations for the Dry Skin
Here is the moment of epiphany, liquid foundations are the perfect match for the dry skin conditions. On the other hand, the powder foundations can aggravate the dryness and expose the cracks developed as a result of moisture deprivation, inducing the shrunken skin cells. It is proactive to plan and execute the makeup on the dry skin texture. For that you need the liquid, cream or stick foundation to preserve the moisture content along with the smoothest matte finish. Here are the benefits of using the liquid foundations for enhancing the esthetic of your facial skin.
- Liquid foundation contents deliver exactly what the dry skin is deprived of. It blankets the skin surface from excess heat, dry winds that take away the soul of your skin- moisture.
- The foundation shades are available for the warm, neutral and olive skin. You have the freedom to cross different foundation shades to arrive at the nearest shade matching your jawline shade.
- Oil and emollients blended in the smooth sticky nature of the foundation makes it a healing potion for the dry skin surface.
- The fatty alcohol based ones are the great foundation for dry skin. But, severe dryness needs to keep away from the alcohol based ones, as it can generate a tingling sensation.
- Majority of the foundations contain mineral ingredients for better delivery of moisture and act as antioxidants for the foundation formula itself and enhance your skin texture.
- Water based and oil free foundations could be the best alternative if you are concerned over the long term effects of mineral based and chemically enriched foundations. Natural clays tuned with pigments are also popular nowadays.
- Coverage-sheer, light, medium and full are the specifications of each foundation to cover up the uneven nature of the skin and prevent it from appearing full of blemishes. Each dry skin requires medium to full coverage to avoid the dry lines and cracks on the surface.
- For the days out, wear the SPF enabled foundation shade to protect your skin surface from the UV band of rays.
- Blending the foundation, be it of any shade matching with the skin tone must be properly done or else the end of makeup would be easily spotted from the corners of your facial skin. The water resistant and smudge proof nature of the foundation when it sets on your face, makes the moisture from escaping its layer, nearly impossible.
For the dry skin types, the liquid foundation perfects the skin surface and there is no need to deck more powder onto the matte, dewy finish by these beauty products.
The makeup setting powders, compact powders or any kind of loose powder is not mandatory. But experimentation knows no time of the day. For soothing results, blend the foundation and powders over it for even toned texture.
The skin moisturizers can ease the rough texture of the dry skin types before the application of the foundation. Yet, only the foundation can straighten the skin tone to a solid skin colour for full fledged bloom the effects of your makeup products.
The facial skin looks so abandoned when its texture turns dry. Try out the liquid foundation to get the best results out of the replenishment of moisture. It calms out the roughness awarding your efforts with smoother appearance and uniform texture. The severely dry skin types must use the full coverage granting foundations with oils and emollients to heal itself from further damage.