Hearing protectors are used to protect an individual’s ears from external sources. There are multiple tools available for an individual. Following are the available hearing protectors:-
- Ear plugs – They are inserted into an individual’s ear canal. They are disposable, custom-made, and reusable.
- Semi-insert ear plugs – It consists of two plugs that protect an individual’s ear and are attached to a headband. It makes it easy for an individual to move around without fear of dropping them or losing them.
- Earmuffs – Ear-muffs, commonly known as ear defenders. They are hard plastic cups that surround and protect an individual’s ear. They are sealed to the head by cushion seals to make it a comfortable fit for an individual.
This article is focused on ear plugs and their benefits.
An earplug is inserted into an individual’s ear canal. It is used to protect the individual’s ear from dust, intrusion of water, loud sounds, and excessive wind. Few individuals use these plugs to sleep; it helps light sleepers sleep peacefully with plugs in their ears. These plugs also prevent the loss of the hearing ability of an individual. The best earplug for every individual is different. It depends on a wide range of factors, such as what they want to use the plugs for and how comfortable they feel with them. These plugs are made up of various materials such as thermoplastic, foam, wax, and silicon. They are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Few specialist plugs are available for individuals. For example, a musician is exposed to loud noises. So, there are few plugs that a musician can use. These plugs will protect a musician from the loud noise but still allow them to listen to the music.
Here is a small list of advantages of ear plugs
- Small in size
- Easy to carry
- Easy to use and store
- One can easily customise it as per one’s requirement
- It can be used for long hours with comfort, especially in a hot and humid environment
- Economical, so it can easily be replaced
- more protection at lower frequencies than ear-muffs
Can ear plugs be used while sleeping?
Individuals who use plugs to sleep have seen an increase in the quality of their sleep. They are used while sleeping to avoid the sounds from entering their ears that disturb an individual’s sleep. They are generally used by light sleepers and individuals who have a snoring partner.
The quality of sleep depends on how much sleep one gets. Sounds can wake up an individual from a deep sleep. Even if an individual gets out of his sleep for a few seconds, it will ruin their night. It takes a lot of time for the body to get back to the phase of deep sleep.
A report in 2006 said that low-quality sleep for a more extended period has many adverse effects on one’s health. A few of them include: –
- Cardiac attacks
- high blood pressure
Another report in 2012 mentioned that poor sleep would reduce immune function and is linked to inflammation. Both the reports tell that bad quality sleep will negatively impact an individual’s health.
An individual needs to give importance to quality sleep to improve overall health. Ear plugs are an excellent option to get quality sleep, and there are various types of these plugs available in the market. ‘Eye protect’ is a firm that offers these plugs and various other similar products. The right earplug for an individual depends on multiple factors such as comfort, quality, sound reduction level, and many more.
for more information visit https://elitesmindset.com