There is no doubt that choosing the right social media platform is important for your brand. Advertising on the right platform can be great for your brand. However, choosing the wrong platform could waste resources, energy, and time.
The question becomes: how do you choose a social media platform that is perfectly suited for your brand? With social media advertising being one of the most effective forms of marketing in recent years, choosing the correct platform is vital.
If you are a new or a well-established brand trying to optimize your social media strategy, this article is for you! Without further ado, let us dive into the five major tips that can help you choose the perfect social media platform for your new zealand influencers.
Top 5 Tips For Choosing A Social Media Platform For Your Brand
1. Choose a social platform according to the niche of your business
Every business operates primarily in either a B2C or a B2B niche, though some businesses do both. Platforms like Instagram, Tik Tok, and Snapchat help B2C brands with customer awareness and visibility. On the other hand, YouTube, Vimeo, and other video platforms help improve credibility and interaction. This is something that you should always pay attention to.
2. Look at what the competition is doing
An easy way to understand which platforms your business should be on is to examine what the competition is doing and try to determine what is working for them. As an example, you might notice they are performing better on Facebook than on Snapchat. This will help you decide which platforms to target and which to avoid.
3. Determine how much you’re willing invest in social media platforms
Creating content for some social platforms might be easier than other platforms. For example, hand-held video content looks great on Instagram and TikTok, but it doesn’t look as good on YouTube. For Youtube, you should use more professional-looking videos. This is why you need to determine what kind of resources you are willing to dedicate on social platforms.
4. Understand the target audience(s) and their expectations
Gen Z on Instagram or TikTok is typically looking at B2C initiatives. On the other hand, a CEO on LinkedIn that is scouting new profiles for his Executive Assistant is not going to find them on TikTok. This is why the core of selecting a social platform is understanding what platform the target audience is on. Once you can narrow that down, you will have an easier time selecting a platform.
5. Select a platform that supports your business website/eCommerce platform
A business website is the backbone of your digital presence. You cannot afford to have a social media strategy that stands alone. A social platform needs to bring people to your website. Every time you are interacting with your target audience on social media, you should give them a call to action in order to divert that traffic from social media to your website.
Best Social Media Practices For Businesses
We hope that the last section on tips helped you understand how to choose the best social media platform(s). Now, let’s cover the best practices for social media:
- Consistency is the key when it comes to building a social media strategy. This means no matter what platforms you are selecting; you need to have a consistent social media strategy.
- Mixing up the type of content on social media is a great idea. This means alternating the content between videos, short reels, image albums, live streaming, and more. Remember, videos are always more engaging than static image posts.
- Engaging with the target audience on social media is a common best practice, but many businesses still don’t do it. Every comment that you answer back is a sign of credibility and reputation. This helps in building goodwill to customers and potential customers.
- Set a communication path that aligns with the business goals of the organization. This means that the communication, expectations, and call-to-action should always be in line with the business goals.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have reviewed several that can help companies select the best social media platforms for their business. Additionally, we also looked at some important social media best practices those brands should follow. We hope you learned a lot!